10 Things to Look forward to in August
- Bank Friggin Holiday
- The Edfringe festival. I’m not going this year, but I love it and I’m just glad that it does happen.
- It’s still potentially sunshiney. It may not be but fingers crossed!
- Last month of the summer holiday’s which could be good or bad depending on your situation.
- Things slow down and get quieter. I don’t know why but August feels much less busy than any other month of the year, a perfect excuse to take some me-time and relax.
- I’m FINALLY going on my Japan trip – Wooo!
- Finding Dory is out in cinemas. It’s important people!
- The Olympics is on – the greatest show on earth! let’s hope it fills everyone with as much joy as the 2012 one’s did!
- Summer’s nearly over so if you do worry you no longer have to worry about your summer body and can start preparing your winter one! i.e all the cake.
- August is the last month before the start of a new school year, a chance to reflect, make changes, make plans, and live life freely before starting new things in September.
- No. 10 of my good things is also my first goal. I want August to be a time to reflect, before I get busy again in September. It will give me a chance to see how far I’ve come 1 year on from quitting my job, and is a chance to re-evaluate and set new goals!
- Have adventures. I’m off to Hong Kong and Japan this month, and I will not let my anxiety stop me from doing things I want to do. I will swim in the sea, and I will climb mountains and I will do whatever I want to do. (metaphorically speaking, who knows if I will even be near sea while I’m there)
- Get over my fears. This is connected to the goal above but I am also embarking on two 20 hour plan journey’s on my own. I hate flying. But perhaps after this my fear will subside!
- Do more cooking. I have more time, so I should use it, and one thing I don’t do enough of is cook meals from scratch. I think I would enjoy eating more, and feel better and be healthier if I took more care over my meals, and gave up the M&S ready meal for good!
- Read more. This is always a goal of mine but I’ve yet to achieve it. Hopefully the 20 hour flights will help me!
What are your goals, and what do you love about August?